Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Quick Travel Tip...

I just got this info: If you're flying to Tunis, or any flight taking you through Frankfurt, perchance, on Lufthansa (which is one of the major carriers), and aren't excited for the 12-hour layover in Frankfurt, Lufthansa supposedly gives hotel rooms upon request and gratis for long layovers (i.e.: they would never offer, but it is available). Hopefully this will spare at least one traveler the inhumanity of spending 12 hours sipping 3.50 Euro bottled water and trying to get comfortable in poorly-designed (yeah, even in Germany) chairs.

Anyone ever tried this?

2 Comments:

At June 20, 2007 at 6:26 AM , Blogger siz said...

Lufthansa supposedly gives hotel rooms upon request??? Crap! I didn't know that, and I've flewn with them between Tunis-Frankfurt. And both my stop overs were around 16 hours long.

I wish I'd knew about it earlier.

Siska

PS: yep. I went to Tunisia to work for AIESEC.

 
At June 20, 2007 at 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, i knew it but couldn't afford it because i had no visa to go out from the airport, so i had to use the "custom seats" in Terminal B.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home