Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Lazy Sunday Update, Pt. 1

Well, I have just proven that you don't have to be in America to eat Bugles and watch Lost for two hours (I've been rolling through Season Two with a vengeance over the past few days - this is my first time, and I'm digging it). I'm getting to the end of a nice little mini-vacation before the new session starts up on Monday at Amideast, and I figured I should update some old photos that got lost in the shuffle (aka: when I lost Internet). These photos are from a great event I was at about three Fridays ago at the Ambassador's residence in Sidi Bou Said. It was a reception and a private concert for Kantara.




The view from the Ambassador's House. Tough life.


The band with some guests. The Flutist was exceptional - what a crazy guy. I've never seen someone play a flute with so much... vigor?


Brennan and Riadh jamming.


The red-haired woman is a Tunisian singer - she sings all of the traditional songs.


Lee, Zine, and Mohamed. If you're wondering where Lee gets his shirts from, he has his own tailor in Mali.


Garrett, the Ambassador, and me.

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2007 at 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing view.... !!!

 
At August 24, 2007 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

franchement à te voir, on ne comprend pas ce que tu fais au milieu de tout ces vieu!! it's sami, one of Amideast's students!! in your classe!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home