Tuesday, October 23, 2007

People from the Rainy (and Cold) Weekend



I'm having some formatting issues since I have to use IE on this computer. (Works just fine in Firefox). The first batch are from Friday night, and the second are from the rained-out night we spent playing Taboo after dinner in Sidi Bou Said.
I just got my new external flash (I shipped it to Chris and she brought it out with her), and it's a big help with these interior shots. I just tilt it up and bounce the flash off of the ceiling for room-filling light (I used it in pretty much all of the photos - for example the wider shot I took of the whole room). I like the little Nikon SB-400 that I have because it does everything I need - a more powerful flash than the built-in and the ability to angle the flash up to 90 degrees. Also, it's small and portable - compare that to the drool-inducing new Nikon D3 with a big external SB-800 flash and a pro lens - it'd weigh a few pounds too much for most of the stuff I do (not to say I wouldn't like one...). All I need now are some decent rechargeable batteries - the local ones I got for 500 millimes lasted about 80 shots before going kaput.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home