Monday, January 14, 2008

Bruges Photos/Recap










I posted my Bruges photos on Facebook - you can find them here.

Also, I still need to post a handful - things have been kind of crazy around here lately. Last Wednesday was the Islamic New Year (aka: vacation day), so Mehdi and I hopped in his car and did some exploring. We went down to Zaghouane, Hammam Zriba and Thuburbo Majus - the last of which was a good Roman site. Zaghouane isn't high on the lists of places to stop, but the Roman Temple of Water is interesting and Mount Zaghouane (that's the name, right?) is impressive.

Otherwise, I've been just running around. Two weekends ago I braved the Boudoir in La Goulette and Odeon and Zinc in Gammarth. This weekend I stayed in Friday and watched basically the entire third season of the NBC version of The Office (which has been a nice break from the Eric Rohmer/Chris Marker kick I've been on lately). This was actually the first time I've seen it, and I liked it a lot - I fell in love with the BBC version back in college (I can say that now, right?) and was kind of worried about how the American version would hold up.

Saturday, I went to arguably the best pizza place in Tunis, Le Matador in Menzah 6. They do great wood-fired pizza and also tasty pasta and specials. After, one of the Serbian girls I know who studies Arabic here had a goodbye party (the first of two, with the next scheduled for the coming weekend...), and I got to see a lot of people I know - the young expat/AIESEC Tunisia community here is pretty small.

Sunday, I went out to Bizerte with some friends. We had a great lunch at Mehdi's place and spent most of the afternoon checking out some different places in the hills above the city. There's some really beautiful beaches, such as Ain Damous, and lots of great vantage points over the city and the water - I'll post some photos on that as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home