Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Various Travels


Ain Damous - a gorgeous beach 3km through the hills from Bizerte. Bring a 4wd vehicle or walk to get to this point.


Thuburbo Majus

Here's a photo album of my trip to Zaghouane, along with Thuburbo Majus and Bizerte.

Also, yesterday I made Teriyaki Chicken with my favorite bottled sauce. There was one very impressed Tunisian present. It's been a long time since good Asian food, and honestly, it's one of the biggest culinary things I miss. Back in the States, or even when I was in Paris (and found that amazing little Pho place right by Arts et Metiers that's only open for lunch), I eat Asian food at least twice a week. If you're considering a long jaunt in a foreign country, think about bringing along some sesame oil, curry powder, good teriyaki sauce, and soy sauce, it'll make your night.

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 at 1:06 PM , Blogger siz said...

That's so true... I missed tofu and sushi when I was in Tunisia. Even instant noodles were so difficult to find.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home