Friday, August 24, 2007

Two Completely Unrelated Images

Since I've been going out every night this week, I'm going to take tonight off and just relax, watch a movie, and update a few things here. Monday was the wedding, Tuesday was dinner with Lee, Wednesday was a late night at the cafe, and Thursday was a great night at about the coolest place in Tunis, Le Boeuf Sur Le Toit. It's a music place/restaurant out in Soukra, and I headed there last night with some friends to check out Jazz night. I'd seriously recommend it to anyone spending some time in Tunis. Just go with an empty stomach, because to purchase alcohol you need to buy food.

First off, the puppies are freakin' adorable. I took this one last Sunday. They're already bigger and louder. They're starting to walk pretty seriously as well - I have to start looking where I go when I step inside.


Secondly, I'd like to talk briefly about booze in Tunisia. There's a lot available - often at ridiculously high prices. These high prices are combatted by an "interesting" offering of alcohol at supermarkets. Carrefour, for one, has the two beers you can buy in Tunisia, the local Celtia and the cheap import Lowenbrau, along with a selection of whiskies of questionable provenance and quality. Here's an example that Jeremy picked up last weekend:


I think the first thing to note is the fact that the word "special" is used three times on the front label. I don't know about you, but the more times that word is used, the less "special" it becomes - there's such a thing as trying too hard. I think the marketing team over at Guard House Whiskey has a serious redesign job in order.

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2009 at 5:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

prices are too high because of taxes( 600%) to apply to imported wine,beers and spirit and any alcohol walbac ihec tun

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home