Monday, September 17, 2007

Col. Mustard and the freakishly large stray cat

I just got back from another night out on Ave. Bourguiba. I think I've discovered my favorite crepe combination - Almond-Honey-Nutella. It's pretty damn tasty - the honey gives it a little extra natural sweetness and stickiness, and the almonds add a nice crunch. It helps that the place I go to really fries it up - the crepe was practically bubbling when I first tried to sink my teeth into it.

This was one of those days that bears remembering, if only for my own sake. First off, there were two traffic accidents today. The first one happened right outside Amideast, which is bizarre because it's not a thoroughfare. Two cars collided and then ended up hitting one of the teachers' Land Rovers. She wasn't happy. The second one was a wild spin-out I saw in front of Cite Olympique. Luckily, both happened with no injuries.

Secondly, I saw quite possibly the biggest stray cat I have ever seen in my life. Alison can attest to this as well. This cat is as big as a medium-sized dog (Alison compared it to an ocelot). At first, we both thought it was a mountain lion - no joke. Survival of the fittest, I guess?

Thirdly, I now have a new favorite man in my neighborhood. I call him Col. Mustard. I was walking out to the metro this morning when I saw a man dressed in mustard-colored pants, a mustard-colored shirt, and patent white shoes. Giving him a closer look, I realized that he looked like an overweight Tunisian Steve Buscemi, replete with gold chain stuck in his chest hair. You gotta love a guy who has adventurous style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home