Friday, November 2, 2007

Lablabi, Part Two

I wrote my last post on lablabi about an hour after I ate it. I should have waited another hour or two to give everyone the full story. I think the picture speaks for itself. Teaching a two hour and forty minute class that evening was not fun.

Douraied, my friend who took me out for it yesterday, came in this morning, and I said, "Douraied! You should've warned me, that stuff gets you. I had a headache, a slight fever, and a bad stomach all night!"

"Well, that's lablabi!" was his response. It turns out he spent most of the night on the toilet, which wasn't the case with me. So, I guess I one-upped him on the capabilities of my Tunisian stomach.

Just a warning: When you add a shot of olive oil, a spoonful of cumin, a heaping spoonful of harissa (thick chili sauce), a very soft-cooked egg that has never been refrigerated, garlic, and chickpeas together, you're at the very least going to be very gassy. I'd suggest getting a bottle of Garci (the local sparkling water), Boga Cider (ugh...), Coke, or Tonic with your meal, and after...

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2007 at 2:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha ! Come on, that's only for beginners, cause then ur stomach will get used to it, and no secondary effects will take place (at least nthg harmful:))

But at the end, it cleans ur stomach, it's like u format ur hard drive :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home