Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sunday in Mateur


On Sunday I went out with Mehdi to visit his cousin Nizar's farm in Mateur, which is North of Tunis. It was a gorgeous day, and great to get away from Tunis for a bit (actually, something I've been doing a lot of lately). After, we went to the dam just outside of Mateur. It was built with Soviet help and finished up in 1983.


Me at the farm chilling with the puppy


Looking out over the dam

Also, sorry about the lack of posting for the last, er... month. I was stateside in Minneapolis, and then got a nasty bug while I was over there that I just got over a few days ago. After heading back to Tunis, I was still in sick-mode and going to the doctor, dealing with antibiotics and work and everything, and it just put me in no place to be reflective and write. (In retrospect, that might have helped me deal with all of it). After a week in Tunis, I chaperoned the SIT Program for a week in the South. We went to Sbeitla, Gafsa, Metlaoui, Tozeur, Nefta, Douz, Tataouine, Djerba, Monastir, Kairouan, Sousse, and Hammamet. Quite the trip. I'll write more about being back in the states and going to the South pretty soon. Also, I took roughly 700 photos down there, so I'll have to go through them and make a few albums. In the meantime, I figured Mateur was a good place to start, because it was an amazing day and just happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home